The restoration and extension of Bank Cottage, where modern contemporary design is fused with a traditional time served building of the past to provide a dwelling that meets the demands of modern family living.
The three Bank Cottages were built between 1851 – 1884 and were part of the Anson Estate. The Anson estate was, up until recently, owned by Lord Lichfield who resided at Shugborough Hall. One of the three cottages remained inhabited until September 2015. Currently there is no formal sanitation within the cottages. Its occupants used the original ‘outhouse’ which remains almost completely untouched from its original form in the rear garden. A heritage assessment was commissioned and formed an important part of the planning documentation. The heritage assessment gave a detailed history of Bank Cottage and greatly informed the design of the contemporary extension.
The extension design seeks to compliment the charm of the original cottages whilst providing the main living space for the dwelling.
More information to follow as the project progresses…